Our packet of Butter Chicken Spice Blend makes cooking your own butter chicken at home easy! Chef Aaron Clyne (author of Travel, Eat, Repeat: A Culinary Nomad Journal) created the following recipe:
BUTTER CHICKEN SAUCE:
2 TBSP grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
2/3 pack of Carrick Hill Farms Butter Chicken Spice Rub
1 TBSP salt
1 TSP white sugar
3 TBSP Butter
4TBSP Heavy Cream
500mL Chicken Stock
- In sauce pot, over medium high heat, sauté ginger, garlic and onion in 2 BBSP of butter. Add tomatoes, Butter Chicken Spice Rub and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, salt and sugar and bring mix to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and continue simmering until onions are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Purée mix with an emulsion blender or blender. Add cream and 1 TBSP butter. Adjust seasoning to taste.
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
1/3 pack Carrick Hill Farms Butter Chicken Spice Rub
3 TSP Salt
5 TBSP plain yogurt
1 L Butter Chicken Sauce
- Marinate chicken pieces in yogurt, butter chicken spice rub and salt for 1-12 hours in refrigerator.
- In a pot over medium high heat, sear marinated chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add butter chicken sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until chicken pieces have reached an internal temperature of 165F, about 20 minutes. Serve with rice and naan.